YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
SUMMER 2020 • Peterborough Ontario
dive into the classical roots of yoga
cultivate your own authentic, lived yoga and learn to share this as a gift of the heart
The Vichara Yoga Teacher Trainings are intended for anyone who has fallen in love with Yoga & Meditation and is yearning to share its wisdom as a gift from the Heart.
Yoga Teacher Training
Sharing the teachings of Yoga & Meditation is an inspiring path of service that has the potential to be a great gift to the lives of many. The Vichara Yoga Teacher Trainings combine the full spectrum path of Classical Hatha Yoga with a great focus upon Non-Duality (Advaita Vedanta). These trainings are highly comprehensive, including instruction into Yoga Philosophy, Asana, Pranayama, Meditation, Mindfulness, Mantra, Ayurveda, Tantra & much more!
Every training is approached as an intensive retreat, and is a greatly empowering process that inspires and ignites enthusiasm and mastery in many students on their personal path in deepening their love for yoga or on their way to becoming a great teacher.
Immerse yourself in the classical wisdom that is yoga.
This training will provide you with the tools and inspiration to incorporate the physical, psychological, spiritual and mystical aspects of Yoga into your daily life, without ever losing sight of the universal intention of this tradition: awakening. This is the training for anyone who is longing to gain a further depth of understanding into the vast, sacred wisdom of Yoga and to amplify their capacity to best share and inspire others on this beautiful path. You will be provided with an expansive array of potent tools and insights, which will empower and inspire you to experience and teach Yoga and Meditation in all of their transformational power and fullness.
This training will be a comprehensive journey, deepening your existing knowledge, introducing classical practices and emphasizing greatly upon the esoteric offerings of the yogic path and lifestyle. These trainings attract diverse participants who intend to be heartfelt, committed, insightful, informed and confident in their teaching.
“Tiffany is the most humble and dedicated teacher. What drew me, and many others to the work, was her commitment to fostering love, compassion and community through yoga”
“It has been monumental for my spiritual growth, and I am certain it would aid anyone’s physical well-being as much as it would serve one’s overall life. The YTT with Tiffany is absolutely unlike any other – it has changed my life, brought fruit to all of my relationships, and helped me grow in ways I didn’t know were possible.”
“It has been one of the most emotionally, mentally, and physically challenging and rewarding things I have ever done.”
Atia Marie, Toronto
“I just completed the YTT300 in Ecuador & highly recommend this training. Tiffany is warm hearted, extremely knowledgeable, compassionate, organised, professional with an appropriate sense of humour & years of experience teaching & practicing yoga.”
“We did so much on top of the curriculum such as a five day silent retreat, one-day fasts, learning Sanskrit, partner yoga & attending kirtans.”
“I’ve left with so much info to share with my clients in London & with guests on the yoga holidays I am running. Thank you, can’t wait to attend another of your courses & pilgrimages”
Mary from London
A BALANCED APPROACH TO TEACHING
Together, we will be constantly working to unravel each of our gifts and abilities, empowering you to realize and cultivate your most authentic way of living and sharing these teachings. In this training more focus will be placed upon the subtler practices of pranayama, concentration and meditation, as well as a large amount of time devoted to Ayurveda, Yoga Therapy and aligning practices for individual, restorative and curative needs. The course will bring together a perfect blend of theory, history, practice and embodied exercises to truly allow each participant to feel embedded in the teachings and confident in sharing them with others. It is our hope that each participant, by delving deeply into the classical wisdom and spiritual intention that is at the heart of Yoga, will be inspired to discover their own fullness of potentiality and to enliven that in the people around them.
Tiffany & Ram
Tiffany and Ram will be leading this immersive yoga teacher training. The are highly experienced teachers and both travel the world offereing trainings and retreats.
Ram as a teacher…
“I have a deep understanding of the ancient texts, but also pay particular attention to issues such as mis-translations of Sanskrit texts being carried forward since a few centuries, cultural misconceptions from a Western viewpoint. I bring a new light and understanding, a compassionate heart, humility, a fresh perspective, humor and a complete understanding of the ancient texts. For this reason, people of many different experience levels and knowledge in these areas come to me.”
An in-depth study, practice and exploration of this tradition and lineage:
- Asana: Discover the classical approach to posture as a practice for deepening in embodied awareness and freedom.
- Bandhas & Mudras: Learn the traditional locks and gestures to bring liberation and flow to prana
- Pranayama: Continue to discover the power of breathing practices to channel, purify and amplify prana
- Dharana: Learn specific concentration techniques, such as trataka, which will be practiced to develop focus and awareness.
- Meditation: Daily sadhana (practice) of meditation will solidify your own joy for meditatation, and bring confidence in how to guide others.
• The Art of Alignment & Adjustment
• Presence, Poise & Projection
• Satsang & The Art of Speaking
• Finding your Authentic Voice
• Creating Sacred Space – Inside and Out
• Deep Listening & Empathy
• Ethical Marketing
• Karma Yoga & Consecration
• Coaching & Mentoring with Love
A comprehensive series of lectures exploring the undercurrents of the Vedic & Yogic approach to Life & Existence.
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Vijnana Bhairava Tantra
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Gheranda Samhita, Shiva Samhita
• Functional Anatomy & Physiology Classes
• Subtle Anatomy: Prana, Chakras, Nadis, Granthis, Kundalini, Pancha Maya Kosha
- Ayurveda: Understanding Doshas, Gunas, Therapeutic Yoga Practices & Basic Herbs
- Diet: Guidance on holistic/yogic nutrition, mindful eating & cooking
- Living a Sattvic Lifestyle: Guidance on how to align one’s lifestyle to bring purity, wholeness and positivity
- Healing & Purification: Alternative Therapies, Fasting & Cleansing
- Nidra Yoga: The Yoga of Sleep, Dreams and the Power of Deep Relaxation
- Nada Yoga: The Yoga of Sacred Sound, Rhythm & Mantra
- Kriya Yoga: The Yoga of Purification of the physical, energetic and mental bodies
- Tantra Yoga: Discovering the sacredness inherent in every aspect of life
- Sanskrit Language Immersion: you will learn to recite, read and write the Sanskrit alphabet
- Mantra & Kirtan: Sharing of devotional song, chanting and musical celebration
- Mindfulness & Micro-Practices: to enhance the capacity to make Yoga an integrated, daily awareness path.