Grace & Somatics: Trauma Healing for Embodiment & A Portal To The Boundless Self
June 9 @ 6:00 pm - June 11 @ 6:00 pm
Trauma Healing for Embodiment & A Portal To The Boundless Self
This training and retreat will help us to understand the nature of trauma and how it is embedded in the body’s memory and nervous system reactions, how it affects our behaviours, emotions, and overall health. It will help us to identify trauma related symptoms, ways to heal them somatically, as well as through neuroplasticity, while finding ways to reconnect with our resilience and vitality.
It draws on the work of Dr. Peter Levine (Somatic Experiencing founder & Trauma Expert), Dr. Gabor Mate (MD & Trauma Expert), Dr. Joe Dispenza (Neuroscience & neuroplasticity), Dr. Norman Doidge (Neuroscience & neuroplasticity), Betsy Polatin (MFA, Somatic, Breath & Movement Specialist).
This Training and Retreat will be offered by Jaya Hollohan MA. Jaya has obtained Certification as a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP), Advanced Parama BodyTalk Practitioner, Certified yoga teacher, Mindfulness Life Coach, Cranial Sacral, and Reiki practitioner.
Jaya has also completed Peter Levine PhD’s 3 year Professional Somatic Experiencing Training that helps to integrate trauma/bound survival energy and related symptoms, e.g. chronic pain, fatigue, fibromyalgia, inflammatory diseases, migraines, immune, gut and sleep issues, while enhancing the nervous system’s capacity for self~regulation. She also attended a 10 day Somatic Experiencing Master class, “Eye of the Needle”, that provides techniques for integrating Near Dear Experiences (NDEs), post-surgical Trauma, altered and anesthesia states, etc. and also treats symptoms related to frequent dissociation, Global High Intensity Activation (GHIA), emotional/mood polarities, etc.
Both health practitioners and lay people are invited to join in the exploration of the following topics:
- What is the Central Nervous System (CNS), the Peripheral Nervous System (PNS), including the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) and Somatic Nervous System, the Vagus Nerve, and how trauma affects them
- How to work with memory and track thwarted fight, flight and freeze (FFF) responses through related body sensations to help heal stress physiology somatically
- How to identify and integrate Intergenerational trauma to enhance our aliveness now and/or our childrens’.
- Accessing emotions through the body, our guts (interoception) and getting comfortable with healthy aggression and related boundary-setting
- Neuroplasticity and how it helps with trauma integration and reorienting to vitality, including practice through guided meditations
- How the principles of quantum physics, or unified field theory, can help us to become unstuck from trauma and continue to grow and expand
- Somatic exercises and integrations to ground and calm the CNS, enhance capacity for self-regulation and help create new body memories
- Trauma healing and spirituality, increasing awareness and avoiding pitfalls
- Jaya will offer a mini-healing session each week to the group to support the wellness of all.
Jaya is looking forward to offering this training in~person and will clarify the Daily Schedule as soon as it comes available (at least by mid~April!) Please feel free to find more info and/or register by visiting:
June 2 @ 6:00pm ~ June 4 @ 3pm