Vichara 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training – Peterborough, Ontario
June 12 @ 6:00 pm$3000
6 x Weekends in Peterborough – June: 12-14, 19-21, 26-28 & July 10-12, 17-19, 24-26
1 x 5-Day Retreat – Location TBD – July 2-6
This Vichara 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training is intended for anyone who has fallen in love with Yoga & Meditation and is yearning to share its wisdom as a gift from the Heart.
This yoga teacher training will provide you with the tools and inspiration to incorporate the physical, psychological, spiritual and mystical aspects of Yoga into your daily life, without ever losing sight of the universal intention of this tradition: awakening. This is the training for anyone who is longing to gain a further depth of understanding into the vast, sacred wisdom of Yoga and to amplify their capacity to best share and inspire others on this beautiful path. You will be provided with an expansive array of potent tools and insights, which will empower and inspire you to experience and teach Yoga and Meditation in all of their transformational power and fullness.
This training will be a comprehensive journey, deepening your existing knowledge, introducing classical practices and emphasizing greatly upon the esoteric offerings of the yogic path and lifestyle. These trainings attract diverse participants who intend to be heartfelt, committed, insightful, informed and confident in their teaching.
Together, we will be constantly working to unravel each of our gifts and abilities, empowering you to realize and cultivate your most authentic way of living and sharing these teachings. In this training more focus will be placed upon the subtler practices of pranayama, concentration and meditation, as well as a large amount of time devoted to Ayurveda, Yoga Therapy and aligning practices for individual, restorative and curative needs. The course will bring together a perfect blend of theory, history, practice and embodied exercises to truly allow each participant to feel embedded in the teachings and confident in sharing them with others. It is our hope that each participant, by delving deeply into the classical wisdom and spiritual intention that is at the heart of Yoga, will be inspired to discover their own fullness of potentiality and to enliven that in the people around them. Join us for the Vichara 200 hour yoga teacher training!
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING CURRICULUM
VICHARA YOGA: An in-depth study, practice and exploration of this tradition and lineage:
- Asana: Discover the classical approach to posture as a practice for deepening in embodied awareness and freedom.
- Bandhas & Mudras: Learn the traditional locks and gestures to bring liberation and flow to prana
- Pranayama: Continue to discover the power of breathing practices to channel, purify and amplify prana
- Dharana: Learn specific concentration techniques, such as trataka, which will be practiced to develop focus and awareness.
- Meditation: Daily sadhana (practice) of meditation will solidify your own joy for meditatation, and bring confidence in how to guide others.
YOGA PHILOSOPHY: A comprehensive series of lectures exploring the undercurrents of the Vedic & Yogic approach to Life & Existence.
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Vijnana Bhairava Tantra
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Gheranda Samhita, Shiva Samhita
- The Art of Alignment & Adjustment
- Presence, Poise & Projection
- Satsang & The Art of Speaking
- Finding your Authentic Voice
- Creating Sacred Space – Inside and Out
- Deep Listening & Empathy
- Ethical Marketing
- Karma Yoga & Consecration
- Coaching & Mentoring with Love
- Functional Anatomy & Physiology Classes
- Subtle Anatomy: Prana, Chakras, Nadis, Granthis, Kundalini, Pancha Maya Kosha
Each student will:
- Assist & adjust in at least 2 classes with a head teacher
- Practice teaching 3 classes to your fellow participants – including instructing proper performance of asanas, pranayama, meditation and giving an inspiring talk.
- Ayurveda: Understanding Doshas, Gunas, Therapeutic Yoga Practices & Basic Herbs
- Diet: Guidance on holistic/yogic nutrition, mindful eating & cooking
- Living a Sattvic Lifestyle: Guidance on how to align one’s lifestyle to bring purity, wholeness and positivity
- Healing & Purification: Alternative Therapies, Fasting & Cleansing
- Nidra Yoga: The Yoga of Sleep, Dreams and the Power of Deep Relaxation
- Nada Yoga: The Yoga of Sacred Sound, Rhythm & Mantra
- Kriya Yoga: The Yoga of Purification of the physical, energetic and mental bodies
- Tantra Yoga: Discovering the sacredness inherent in every aspect of life
- Sanskrit language immersion—you will learn to recite, read and write the Sanskrit alphabet
- Mantra & Kirtan: Sharing of devotional song, chanting and musical celebration
- Mindfulness & Micro-Practices – to enhance the capacity to make Yoga an integrated, daily awareness path.
6x Weekends in Peterborough – June: 12-14, 19-21, 26-28 & July 10-12, 17-19, 24-26
1x 5-Day Retreat – Location TBD – July 2-6
Fridays: 6-9:30 pm & Saturdays & Sundays: 7-7 pm
6-6:30 pm – Meditation
6:30-7 pm – Arriving as a group – reflections
7-9 pm: Yoga
9-9:30: Vedic Chanting
7-8 am: Meditation
8:15-11 am: Yoga
11:15-12:30 pm: Satsang (Q&A)
12:30-2 pm: Lunch
2-3 pm: Nidra or Nada Yoga
5:15-6: Vedic Chanting/Kirtan
6-7 pm: Meditation
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Exact Location – TBA
Sarah Dello Sbarba – Doctor and Yoga Teacher
Brendon Abram – Trauma-Sensitive Yoga Teacher
Lisa Power – Ayurvedic Coach & Yoga Teacher