January 25, 2023 @ 4:00 pm - January 30, 2023 @ 4:00 pm$1,195.00
5 Days of Experiential Deepening into Yoga, Meditation, Ayurveda + Advaita…
*CE Credits possible
Join Tiffany and an intimate group of sincere practitioners and yoga teachers in this immersive retreat, especially curated for those who are longing to deepen their own personal sādhana (practice) and to enhance their capacity to share with others. This retreat offers a rare opportunity to experience immersed periods of sādhana, including but not limited to:
- Asana: Discover the profound wisdom of approaching the posture with inquiry, revealing pranic resonance, increased presence and embodied meditation.
- Bandhas & Mudras: Classical locks and gestures to free and enliven prana.
- Pranayama: Continue to discover the power of the classical breath practices that invite, welcome, channel, purify and amplify prana.
- Dharana (Concentration): Practice specific techniques, such as trataka and classical mudras, which develop focus and lucid awareness.
- Dhyana (Meditation): Daily practices of meditation, including a special emphasis upon “Atma Vichara” or Self-Inquiry Meditation.
- Vedic Chanting: Discover the immense power of classical Vedic chanting + mantra and become increasingly comfortable with this powerful practice.
- Ayurveda: Bring Ayurvedic wisdom into your daily sādhana both on the mat and off.
- Nidra Yoga: Guided Nidra Yoga sessions taking you into the depths of Conscious Sleep and Profound Restfulness.
- Kriya Yoga: Integrated purification practices to enhance sattva, release ama and free prana shakti at every level.
- Nada Yoga: Exploring the potency of sound and vibratory resonance.
- Kirtan: Sharing of devotional song, chanting and the power of collective celebration.
6-7 am: Meditation
7:15-10 am: Vichara Yoga
10-11 am: Brunch
11-1 pm: Satsang (+ Q&A)
1-2 pm: Contemplative Period
2-3 pm: Reflections + Dyads
3-5 pm: Vichara Yoga
5-6 pm: Dinner
6-7 pm: Contemplative Period
7-8 pm: Meditation
8-9 pm: Kirtan or Nidra or Nada Yoga
More About Vichara Yoga
Vichara means Inquiry.
Vichara Yoga is born from the roots of Classical Hatha Yoga and Atma Vichara (Self-Inquiry), inviting the sadhaka (practitioner) to dive into an exploration of each moment, Now. Whether we are in an embodied asana (posture), or in the posture of life, it is the Inquiry that guides us into presence with what is. This is where Yoga is known.
In Practice, Vichara Yoga takes inspiration from the traditional path of Hatha Yoga, encompassing a full-spectrum practice that includes Asana, Shatkarma, Pranayama, Mudras, Bandhas, Meditation, Ayurveda, Chanting and beyond, that are all done in the light of self-exploration and profound inner contemplation. The revelations seen on the mat are then integrated into every breath of life, enlivening your full potentiality and awakening you to the Self.
During this 5-Day Retreat you will be invited to dive fully and experientially into the yoga and meditation practice, to gain an understanding of the foundational teachings that can be applied on and off the mat, and to take home a daily practice that will be best aligned to your needs and intentions. You will also receive an Ayurvedic self-care routine and find ways to bring the gift of this healing wisdom into your days.
Vichara Yoga was founded by Tiffany after spending years living in the East, immersed continuously in the depths of study and retreat with her master teachers. It is from this foundation, and her own revelatory arisings, that Vichara Yoga was born.
Through its accessible and comprehensive approach, Vichara Yoga aims to bring you into contact with the classical teachings of Yoga, so that we can truly taste the intrinsic joy, peace and freedom that are revealed in and as this very moment. It stays true to the original intention of yoga to offer revelation and awakening, and to inspire students to use the path of effortless abiding and self-awareness to uncover the deepest truth and most natural state.
All are welcome.
CE Credits: 50 hour CE for RYTs